ZoneAlarm Share and Win Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO ENTER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The ZoneAlarm Share and Win Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is offered and open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (“United States”) who are 18 years of age or older and who currently reside in the United States at time of entry. Corporate employees, officers and directors of ZoneAlarm (“Sponsor”), Extole, Inc. (“Administrator” or “authorized representative”), and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, contractors, agents, individuals engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials for or the implementation of the Sweepstakes (collectively referred to herein as the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and the immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents) and those living in the same household as such individuals (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes starts on or about 12:00 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on 9/22/2012 and ends at 11:59 pm PT on 3/22/2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”). There will be 1 drawing offered each 2 weeks during the course of the Sweepstakes Period (each a “Drawing”). For purposes of the Sweepstakes and Drawings, a week is defined as 12:00 am PT Monday through 11:59 pm PT Sunday. All time referenced herein is Pacific Time. Sponsor (or its authorized representative’s) server’s clock is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
Daily/Weekly/Monthly Drawing Dates:
Drawing #1 - 10/5/2012 at 10:00 am
Drawing #2 - 10/19/2012 at 10:00 am
3 - 11/2/2012 at 10:00 am
Drawing #4 - 11/16/2012 at 10:00 am
Drawing #5 - 11/30/2012 at 10:00 am
Drawing #6 - 12/14/2012 at 10:00 am
Drawing #7 - 12/28/2012 at 10:00 am
Drawing #8 - 1/11/2013 at 10:00 am
Drawing #9 - 1/25/2013 at 10:00 am
Drawing #10 - 2/8/2013 at 10:00 am
Drawing #11 - 2/22/2013 at 10:00 am
Drawing #12 - 3/8/2013 at 10:00 am
Drawing #13 - 3/22/2013 at 10:00 am
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period: (i) access the ZoneAlarm Share and Win Sweepstakes (http://zonealarm.extole.com/m/154597313), (ii) enter your email address, first and last name, and (iii) affirmatively agree to these complete official rules to submit your entry (“entry”). Failure to follow all steps or include all information will void the entry. The order of these steps may vary. Limit one (1) initial entry per person, or per email address. Once submitted, entry cannot be modified, deleted or cancelled. You may opt out of the Referral Program at any time without affect to your initial entry.
Upon entry confirmation, you will also have the opportunity (without obligation) to share/send an invitation (“Referral Link”) to third parties (“Referred Friend”). Your Referred Friend may take advantage via your Referral Link of a specified, advertised free offer, free product and/or service offered by Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s promotion partners (“Advertised Activity(ies)”), which may include, for example, using a free service; receiving a free coupon; or downloading a free software application. Participating in an Advertised Activity by a third party via any other channel than an eligible entrant’s Referral Link will not provide entrant any referral credit/acknowledgement for purposes of prize award. For every valid Referred Friend who engages in or participates in the Advertised Activity via your Referral Link, you will receive an additional entry into the Sweepstakes (up to twenty (20) additional entries), with a limit of twenty-one (21) total entries per person. The collection, use and or disclosure of participant’s personal information, access to and use of any third party site, and/or participation in any and all Advertised Activities is subject to the terms and conditions established by the operator of the site and/or offer or of the Advertised Activity. Participant assumes all responsibility therefore, and agrees that Sponsor shall have no responsibility or liability relating thereto or otherwise.
Registered entrants may obtain additional entries (up to twenty (20) additional entries, with a limit of twenty-one (21) total entries per person) without referring any friends and/or having Referred Friends participate in Advertised Activities, by legibly hand-writing on a separate piece of paper: Entry Request ZoneAlarm Share and Win Sweepstakes, entrant’s name, age and email address, and sending it in a sufficiently U.S. stamped envelope to: Attn: Marketing Department/Winner’s List Request, 625 2nd Street, Suite 101, San Francisco CA, 94107. All requests must be postmarked by 3/22/2013 and received by Sponsor by 3/27/2013. For each separately mailed entry request, entrant will receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes, up to twenty (20) mail-in entries per person, with a limit of twenty-one (21) total entries per person). Mail-in requests from individuals who are not registered eligible entrants during the Sweepstakes Period will not receive entry via this method. In no event will an entrant receive more than twenty (20) combined entries from their Referral Friend participating in Advertised Activities and/or the mail-in method.
Entrants who provide referrals must respect the spirit of the Sweepstakes by only referring real individuals who meet the requirements of these rules, and may not refer themselves. If an entrant Referrer provides a Referral Link to a Referred Friend by email, the email must be created and distributed in a personal manner that is appropriate and customary for communications with friends, colleagues and family members. By submitting the email addresses, entrants represent and warrant that he/she has their prior consent. Bulk email distribution, distribution to strangers, or any other promotion of a Referral Link in a manner that would constitute or appear to constitute unsolicited commercial email or “spam” in the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole discretion is expressly prohibited and may be grounds for immediate disqualification of the entrant, and deactivation of their Referral Link.
Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entrants may not share email addresses, nor enter with multiple e-mail addresses, identities, logins or registrations, nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter more than the stated permissible number of times. Any entrant who uses fraudulent entry methods, enters through a sweepstakes-entry service or similar methods, or otherwise attempts to participate more than hereby permitted will be disqualified and all entries by that entrant will be void. In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; nor for any computer, telephone, cable network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt, or jumbled transmissions; nor service provider, Internet, Web site, user net accessibility or availability, hardware/software incompatibility, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention or any technical error; or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information; nor for the failure to capture any such information. Only eligible entries received by Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules will be considered. By entering you agree, among other things, to receive future email communications regarding the Sweepstakes, and Sponsor’s advertising, promotional and marketing communications (you may opt out of the latter at any time without affect to your entry).
4. DRAWING/NOTIFICATION: On or within five (5) working days following the Drawing or the end of the Sweepstakes Period, a random drawing will be held by Sponsor (or its authorized representative) from all eligible entries received through such respective Drawing Date. Non-winning entries will carry over into subsequent drawings and all non-winning entries shall be eligible for subsequent Drawing Dates. Only the number of prizes stated herein will be awarded. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the stated number of prizes. Limit one (1) prize per person.
Eligible potential winner(s) will be notified using the email address (in Sponsor’s discretion) provided at time of entry. In the event a potential winner cannot be reached or fails to respond as directed within seven business (7) days (or as otherwise directed), prize will be forfeited. Sponsor may, but without obligation, attempt prize award to an alternate potential winner. Potential prize winners may be required to complete, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and, where legal, Publicity Release (the “Release Documents”) within three (3) business days of notification.
In the event that technological, programming, or other errors cause more than the stated number of prizes in any category, as indicated in these Official Rules, to be sent as notifications, distributed, claimed or received for any prize, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award only the stated number of prizes (in such prize category if applicable) by random drawing among all eligible claimants for the respective Drawing (in that prize category if applicable). Prize award is subject to verification of eligibility, and compliance with these Official Rules.
Prize per bi-weekly Drawing: Google Nexus 7, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): USD$200.
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstake’s Period through the respective Drawing Date. No transfer, assignment or substitution of prize (in whole or in part), except Sponsor reserves the absolute right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. The difference between the estimated ARV and actual value will not be awarded as cash, or otherwise. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any prize pictured in advertising or promotional materials is for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual prize awarded. Products awarded as prizes may not be sold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, commercially transferred or donated, or otherwise placed into unauthorized commercial channels of distribution.
The Google Nexus 7 is a registered trademark or trademark of Google, which does not endorse our products or services and is not a Sponsor or otherwise associated or affiliated with this Sweepstakes.
Prizes are awarded “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
6. GENERAL: By entering, participants agree to abide by and be bound to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Failure to timely return or properly complete Release Documents, or if a potential winner/prize notification is ignored, undeliverable, untimely or otherwise not properly responded to within the time specified, or if a potential winner is or becomes ineligible or does not comply with these Official Rules, it will result in prize forfeiture, and in such event an alternate potential winner will be selected from remaining eligible entries received for the respective Drawing. Undeliverable, returned, unclaimed or un-awarded prizes will not be re-awarded. BY PARTICIPATING, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, EXTOLE, ADVERTISING AND SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL ALLEGED OR ACTUAL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, SETTLEMENTS (WHETHER OR NOT LITAGATION IS COMMENCED), LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER EXISTING NOW OR ARISING IN THE FUTURE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, DISABILITY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS), COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, COURT COSTS, SETTLEMENT AND DISBURSEMENTS) DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE, PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, ACCESS TO THE PROMOTIONAL SITES AND PAGES, AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY ELEMENT THEREOF. By entering and/or accepting a prize, participants hereby irrevocably consent, where lawful, to the use by Sponsor (and its authorized representatives) of their name, image, photographs, videotape, likeness, hometown name, biographical information, and voice for publicity, trade, advertising and promotional purposes in all media now known or hereafter developed worldwide, and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without additional compensation, and without the right of review, notification or approval.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web site users, human error, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, or inability to access or unauthorized access to a Sweepstakes Page and/or site. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes or any element thereof in whole or in part is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Sponsor deems, in its sole opinion, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes or any element thereof, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winner(s) at random from eligible, non-suspect entries received through the Drawing Date prior to the action or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable to winner or any other person for failure to execute the Sweepstakes or any element thereof, or supply a prize, by reason of any act of God, any action(s), regulation(s) order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, terrorist acts, cyber attack, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any similar or dissimilar event beyond their reasonable control.
In no event will Sweepstakes Entities, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, their advertising or promotion agencies and/or all their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives and agents, be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to, and use of, any participating internet site(s), Sweepstakes Pages, or the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from said site(s). Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the aforesaid is provided "AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a neutral one person arbitration panel located in San Francisco, California.
8. WINNERS LIST: For the name(s) of winner(s) of prizes over $25, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: ZoneAlarm, Attn: Marketing Department/Winner’s List Request, 625 2nd Street, Suite 101, San Francisco CA, 94107. Requests must be received on or by June 12, 2012. Limit one request per person, or per household address.
9. SPONSOR: ZoneAlarm: 959 Skyway Rd, STE 300, San Carlos, CA 94070